Page 2 of 10
Mind mapping is an immensely popular visual technique that helps people focus on their ideas and plans. By utilizing, mind mapping techniques it is possible to create a better working scenario for yourself and be much more productive than you ever have been. Mind mapping is a very simple and effective process that uses a flowchart like presentation in order to spread out ideas and help you connect them in a manner that would prove pragmatic towards your final goal.
There are different mind mapping software available online that you can use to create effective mind maps. There are many mind mapping software, that you can use online or install on your computers for creating impeccable mind maps and connect your ideas in a better manner.
Here’s how you can use mind maps to connect ideas:
- Spread Out Your Ideas
Mind maps work only when you can spread out your ideas in a manner that they are all visible to you. The key to creating an effective mind map is to note down all the thoughts and ideas that you have on your mind and convert them to mind maps . You can choose to write them down in a manner that they are all have their own space and are clearly visible to you. This can be done either by using a pen and paper or on a mindmapping software of your choice.
- Analyse Your Ideas
Second step in the process of creating an effective mind map is to analyse the ideas that you have noted down. For instance, if you plan to write a book using mind maps, you need to connect the similar ideas to form a chapter. Once you analyse your ideas, giving each idea enough consideration, you are ready for the next step.
- Clubbing Similar Ideas Together
This step involves a lot of work since after analysis you need to club the ideas that have a similar basic structure or aim at achieving a common goals. Club the similar ideas so that all ideas that work towards a single purposes are together. Note down the ultimate goal and purpose of each of these clubs, as this will help you in the next step.
- Create a Priority Chain
The next step involves prioritising the ideas that you have clubbed together. You need to create a logical chain between your ideas that can interlink. The ultimate goal of each of these ideas would help you in doing this. After you have created a logical chain, you need to prioritise this chain in an order that will guide you towards your goal.
- Create a Final Logic Chain Connecting Your Ideas
The final step in the process of creating mind maps to connect ideas involves forming the final chain connecting all our basic ideas that are collected into larger clubs. These clubs are connected with a logical chain that is guiding you towards your final goal.
Hence, mind mapping technique is an effective way in which you can organise your ideas and confidently drive your efforts towards your final goal. Connecting ideas using mind maps is effective because this visual technique helps you organise and prioritise your plans and manage them accordingly.
How to Use Mind Map: A Guide to Unlock Team Creativity
William Plomer a noted author & novelist once said: “Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected”. Mind maps are means to reflect your thoughts with precision visually by helping you establish relationships between different ideas. There are many ways in which these can help in boosting your creative prowess. We shall take a look of how it can collectively inspire team creativity and lessen the workload.
- Easy understanding of various concepts: In today’s world, information is mostly disseminated in written format. A piece of information relayed through mind mapping software can aid in clarity to understand it. Visual elements in these mind maps unlock creativity and enable the users to delve deep into that particular theory.
- Encourage different perspectives: Sometimes thinking fresh ideas becomes difficult through conventional means. With a pre-created mind map, you and your team can share your viewpoints and might as well think about the particular concept with a different angle. Online mind map enables freshness in thoughts simultaneously.
- Enable brainstorming: When you sit down with your team discussing some topic if a presentation of the same has been made through mind maps, it’s easier to gather each and everyone’s ideas. You can always come up with productive means to finish your project with sufficient amount of time in hand. Mind map becomes an outlet letting people line up their thoughts with others or understanding the problem areas with respect to the topic being discussed.
- Inspire positive thinking: Imagine a situation when you happen to be the leader of your team comprising writers. Best mind mapping software gives you an opportunity to explore your creative boundaries by inspiring your fellow team members with encouragement. Sometimes brainstorming might restrain people to fully co-ordinate and bring out their creative abilities at the right juncture of time. This situation can be avoided by encouraging people to get comfortable in terms of sharing their visions relating to a project.
- Perceive the uncommon pieces of relationships: While you create your mind map along with your teammates and sit down for a cut-throat brainstorming session, the information within the primary and secondary nodes in these maps can aid in establishing correlations. Sometimes there might be a common link between subsequent secondary nodes which probably you might have missed had you tried to manually sit down in discussion with your team members.
Mind maps have the ability to tap into natural means by which human brain works. Therefore getting them to access your creative potentials becomes much handy with its usage. Be it planning for meetings; formulate speeches or articles in every case mind maps can be of great help along with the added advantage of conserving time. It can be considered as the new mode of critical thinking and means to assess various situations. So don’t hesitate to use it along with your fellow team members and get the best result out of it.