When off to a holiday the first thing that comes to the mind is making a check-list! Right from packing the essentials to getting everything organized can be a task. Some people leave this to the tour company while some love planning their own holidays as it gives them more freedom to take things at their own pace. Checklists can be boring sometimes, especially when you keep scribbling and scribbling again to incorporate changes. The new technology taking over the internet is mind mapping! Wait till you try it…
So what exactly is a mind map you may ask? A mind map is a pictorial representation of ideas that begin literally from the center of your brain. It boasts your creativity, enhances your cognitive capacities and enables you to look at the mundane differently. A picture speaks a thousand words they say. That picture taken with you posing for a shutterbug on a white Christmas day is as vivid in your mind as if it was taken only yesterday.
Hence, mind mapping makes use of images and diagrams to represent ideas as they are retained better by the brain. Today, there are companies offering the best mind mapping software. All you need to do to make your own mind map is download the software and you are all set.
Here are some tips to help you become the Best Free Mind Mapping Software user:
1. Get Your Basics Right- Play with visuals! The mind connects to images much better than that to a 10-page document. With mind mapping, it is easier to draw ideas in a linear form than putting it down in sentences and paragraphs. Ultimately it becomes a task to draw out ideas from the middle of paragraphs.
2. Use Colors – As children, we loved playing with colors. Splashing them about and coloring the walls and the floor. Colors appeal to our senses and so you will find that some of the best free mind mapping software make use of vibrant colors as these throw open more doors to your imagination and you come up with better ideas.
3. Preparing a Skeleton- Mind mapping is a slow process which gains momentum and your “branches” spread out more clearly on paper as you keep moving one notch higher. The center contains your main idea. For example, it is ‘Holidaying in New York’ from here you will draw branches in curves that again branch out to second and third level curves.
As you keep preparing more branching, you get more clarity on- how to get to NY, places to see there, things to eat, places to eat, the timing of the boat to the harbor and much.
Also read… Mind Mapping Software for Brainstorming
4. Use Keywords – It is said that your keyword or your sub-idea that branches out of your main idea needs to be the size of the curve that you draw. The brain detests straight lines, so make them as curvy as you can! This helps to interlink the ideas better and in a crisper
5. Making A Presentation of Your Final idea- Voila! Now is the time to bring out the idea in open. The beauty of mind mapping is that there is absolutely no need for lines or long sentences. You can convey your message in minimum words and make the maximum impact! Your mind map should be structured well with each well-thought of curve and
There are some amazing tools online which offer some of the best software on mind mapping, which you can use to the best of your advantage. Happy Mapping!