How to Use Mind Map: A Guide to Unlock Team Creativity
William Plomer a noted author & novelist once said: “Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected”. Mind maps are means to reflect your thoughts with precision visually by helping you establish relationships between different ideas. There are many ways in which these can help in boosting your creative prowess. We shall take a look of how it can collectively inspire team creativity and lessen the workload.
- Easy understanding of various concepts: In today’s world, information is mostly disseminated in written format. A piece of information relayed through mind mapping software can aid in clarity to understand it. Visual elements in these mind maps unlock creativity and enable the users to delve deep into that particular theory.
- Encourage different perspectives: Sometimes thinking fresh ideas becomes difficult through conventional means. With a pre-created mind map, you and your team can share your viewpoints and might as well think about the particular concept with a different angle. Online mind map enables freshness in thoughts simultaneously.
- Enable brainstorming: When you sit down with your team discussing some topic if a presentation of the same has been made through mind maps, it’s easier to gather each and everyone’s ideas. You can always come up with productive means to finish your project with sufficient amount of time in hand. Mind map becomes an outlet letting people line up their thoughts with others or understanding the problem areas with respect to the topic being discussed.
- Inspire positive thinking: Imagine a situation when you happen to be the leader of your team comprising writers. Best mind mapping software gives you an opportunity to explore your creative boundaries by inspiring your fellow team members with encouragement. Sometimes brainstorming might restrain people to fully co-ordinate and bring out their creative abilities at the right juncture of time. This situation can be avoided by encouraging people to get comfortable in terms of sharing their visions relating to a project.
- Perceive the uncommon pieces of relationships: While you create your mind map along with your teammates and sit down for a cut-throat brainstorming session, the information within the primary and secondary nodes in these maps can aid in establishing correlations. Sometimes there might be a common link between subsequent secondary nodes which probably you might have missed had you tried to manually sit down in discussion with your team members.
Mind maps have the ability to tap into natural means by which human brain works. Therefore getting them to access your creative potentials becomes much handy with its usage. Be it planning for meetings; formulate speeches or articles in every case mind maps can be of great help along with the added advantage of conserving time. It can be considered as the new mode of critical thinking and means to assess various situations. So don’t hesitate to use it along with your fellow team members and get the best result out of it.